Improve academic workload planning
The academic staff of your organisation perform a variety of activities besides teaching and increasingly institutions need to show to regulatory bodies how they are utilising their staff. Staff Workload Planner helps universities gain greater visibility of the activities of staff, enabling them to produce reports on how their human resources are being utilised for regulatory purposes such as TRAC reports in the UK. The task of providing reports using institution-specific workload definitions is made simpler, saving institutions time and money.
Staff Workload Planner enables institutions to promote universal working processes by encouraging common approaches to workload planning and reporting across all parts of the institution. At the same time it supports department specific differences allowing realistic comparisons to be made between schools and departments.
Staff Workload Planner provides the following benefits:
- Plan courses and evaluate staffing – By easily identifying issues that exist in individual staff workloads and overall staffing levels, Staff Workload Planner enables institutions to plan the delivery of new or existing courses. Academic workload management is subsequently improved.
- Reduce the number of enquiries about comparative workloads - this saves your staff time dealing with such enquiries
- Provide up-to-date reports – for individual departmental and institutional level reporting of staff workloads. With reports and submissions to regulatory bodies becoming a common requirement, Staff Workload Planner allows for the accurate preparation of the supporting staff utilisation data required.
- Assessment of workload to show equality – The balancing of staff workload is fundamental to the successful and fluid running of the institution. Staff Workload Planner can allow for the balancing of individual workloads to ensure staff time is allocated for all academic activities. This ensures all staff are treated fairly and consistently and that they comply with equality and health and safety requirements. The task of academic workload modelling becomes easier.
- Brings greater clarity to the utilisation of resources helping planning and management
- Reduces the administrative load of producing reports Once reports have been produced in the software they can be exported into packages such as SSRS, Crystal Reports or MS Excel.
- Saves time dealing with enquiries about academic workloads
- Helps show compliance with legal requirements The software assists you in complying with contractual and legal obligations to staff, making sure agreed working hours are not exceeded and workplace agreements are honoured.
- Intelligent workload management
Usable throughout the planning and timetabling cycle from pre-timetabling staff headcount calculations, through day-to-day workload balancing and on to post-timetabling reporting and analysis
- Template building Templates can be built to automatically create workload items that correspond to activities in Enterprise Timetabler, this can also include non-timetabled workload such as preparation time for lectures.
- Categorisation of staff by activity Standard reporting of staff by the tasks they actually carry out can be achieved such as research, administrative functions, courses run and managed etc. The result is a comprehensive and realistic overview of the tasks carried out by the workforce.
- Flexible reporting Report by activity, staff groupings, department or type of work.
- Secure Secure access to data is assured through a comprehensive integrated authorisation system. The software is fuly supported on Oracle and SQL Server platforms and integrated with Enterprise Foundation. This minimises data duplication and ensures that staff teaching workloads can be based on the current timetable, with automatic updates as timetable changes occur over the academic year.
- Integration for ease of use Ability to integrate with HR, examinations, research management systems.
Related Products and Services