Scientia to hold 16th annual user conference for its customers from the 25-27 March at the Radisson Blu hotel, London Stansted Airport
The Challenges of Change in Higher Education; keeping up, staying ahead and making it happen
The pace of change is increasing within higher education institutions around the world. This is driven by a number of factors, many of which are beyond the control of an individual institution and difficult to predict. Globally there is the potential for significant change in what universities will look like, e.g. net-native students, the "flipped classroom", growing numbers of for-profit and online universities, and unpredictable technology innovation somewhere around the corner!
This is a particular challenge to timetablers and other administrators, who already have to deal with day-to-day uncertainties such as fluctuating student registrations, lecturers changing course delivery at short notice, room changes because of emergency building maintenance, etc. In this challenging and changing environment, institutions and their software suppliers need to be nimble and responsive to react to emerging trends and plan for different scenarios.
This year's user conference is an opportunity for us to collectively share our experiences in dealing with these uncertainties in the here-and-now. We will focus on exploring ways, utilising Scientia software and services, to:
- Manage increased student expectations to improve student retention while protecting institutional revenue and reputation.
- Improve staff utilisation for the institution, and improve job satisfaction for individual staff members.
- Improve space utilisation with the challenge of changing course delivery, increasing student choice, and cost constraints.
- Improve business intelligence to support strategic planning and better day-to-day decisions in a fast-changing environment.
- Improve timetables for student and staff who expect excellently organised, easily accessible and timely personal schedules that allow time for part-time work, research time etc.
- Manage change with new technology to deliver increased efficiency and reduced costs by automating integration workflows.
Date for your diary...
This year's User Conference dates are Wednesday 25 to Friday 27 March 2015.
The conference this year will start on Wednesday morning with a full programme of activities. There will be a focus on user presentations alongside updates on our current products and services, as well as opportunities to meet with Support, Consultants and Product Managers. There will be plenty of time during the conference to network with other users and Scientia colleagues. The conference is scheduled to finish at 2pm after lunch on the Friday.
Back at the Radisson Blu Hotel at Stansted Airport, UK
Back by popular demand, we have chosen to hold this year's conference once again at the Radisson Blu Hotel at Stansted Airport. This venue offers a high level of service and excellent facilities plus it is very accessible by air, road, rail or bus from anywhere within the UK and Europe. It is situated within the main airport terminal, a short walk from the main terminal building.
To secure your place at the conference, please go to our dedicated User Conference webpage. If you require the password to access the Eventbrite webpage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sincerely hope that you will be able to join us!